Universal Home Entertainment will be releasing Hellboy II Golden Army on November 11, 2008. The film will be available in 3-disc special edition DVD and 2-disc Blu-ray Hi-Def and a single disc DVD.
After an ancient truce existing between humankind and the invisible realm of the fantastic is broken, hell on Earth is ready to erupt. A ruthless leader who treads the world above and the one below defies his bloodline and awakens an unstoppable army of creatures. Now, it’s up to the planet’s toughest, roughest superhero to battle the merciless dictator and his marauders. He may be red. He may be horned. He may be misunderstood. But when you need the job done right, it’s time to call in Hellboy (Ron Perlman). Along with his expanding team in the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Development—pyrokinetic girlfriend Liz (Selma Blair), aquatic empath Abe (Doug Jones) and protoplasmic mystic Johann—the BPRD will travel between the surface strata and the unseen magical one, where creatures of fantasy become corporeal. And Hellboy, a creature of two worlds who’s accepted by neither, must choose between the life he knows and an unknown destiny that beckons him.
The Blu-ray, single- and 3-disc DVDs all feature the following bonus content:
· Feature Commentary with Director Guillermo del Toro
· Feature Commentary with Cast Members Jeffrey Tambor, Selma Blair and Luke Goss
· Set Visits: Seven mini documentaries provide viewers with unlimited access to the Hellboy II: The Golden Army set.
· Troll Market Tour with Guillermo del Toro: Using sketches and backstage video, del Toro walks the audience through the creation of one of the film’s most distinctive sets, the legendary Troll Market.
· Animated Zinco Epilogue Comic
· Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary by Director Guillermo del Toro
In addition, the Blu-ray and 3-disc special edition DVD also include the following in-depth features:
· Prologue: A special introduction to the DVD from director Guillermo del Toro.
· Pre-Production Vault:
o Director’s Notebook: Exclusive interviews, image scans and text from Guillermo del Toro’s personal notebook.
o Concept Art Gallery: Original designs and concepts for Hellboy II: The Golden Army’s costumes and sets.
· Hellboy: In Service Of The Demon: Over two hours of footage that takes fans into the creation of this film.
· Production Workshop: Professor Broom’s Puppet Theatre: A special look inside the opening sequence of the film including storyboards and animatics.
· Image Gallery Featuring Teaser Banners, One-Sheets and Poster Explorations
· DVD Rom: Hellboy II: The Golden Army Script
EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY HI-DEF BONUS FEATURES
Only on the Hellboy II: The Golden Army Blu-ray Hi-Def can viewers enjoy the following interactive features:
· My Chat: Using your internet-connected player, host a text chat with your friends who also own Hellboy II: The Golden Army on Blu-ray™ Hi-Def while you watch the movie in synchronization!
· Sneak Peek of Wanted: Watch never-before seen footage from the explosive action movie Wanted, starring Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy.
· My Scenes Sharing: Show your friends your favorite scenes from Hellboy II: The Golden Army via BD-Live.
· Comic Book Builder: Create an original downloadable Hellboy adventure by selecting still images from the movie, dropping them into comic book layouts and adding text. The result can be e-mailed to friends or published via BD-Live buddy lists.
· U-Control: Universal’s exclusive signature feature U-Control allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
· Scene Explorer: Schufften Goggle View: View scenes from the film as it progresses from storyboards and early renderings of the visual effects to the final film.
· Director’s Notebook: Fans will get an interactive glimpse at the director’s personal journal and view how early thematic concepts evolved into the final film. Includes an introduction by Guillermo Del Toro.
· Set Visits: Interactive vignettes provide information about key moments in the film.
· Comic Book Back-Story Interactive Feature: Clickable motion pages provide backstories of the film’s characters.